This A+ Program is ideal for operators and other personnel who require a thorough knowledge of the safe operation of mobile cranes. An excellent training program to prepare operators taking CIC accredited & OSHA recognized operator certification exams. CIC Operator Certification Exams available immediately after training.
Interested in having this program held at your facility? Click here for an On-Site Training Proposal.
- CIA Operator Qualification Card – FREE
For later scheduled dates click here.
We have arranged for participants to receive discounted hotel rates. When making hotel reservations, please identify yourself as a Crane Institute of America training program attendee.
- Telescoping Boom Cranes
- Lattice Boom Cranes
- Boom Trucks
- Industrial Cranes
- New OSHA & ASME crane standards
- Causes & results of crane accidents
- Types, components & terminology
- Interpreting load charts
- Pre-operational inspection
- Crane Setup
- Safe operating practices & procedures
- Hand & voice signals
- Hoisting personnel
- Basic rigging procedures
Learn how to apply the following topics:
Operator Qualification Requirements
- Complete a Crane Institute of America Mobile Crane Operator training program
- Pass a physical examination. A CDL physical is acceptable.
- Pass a written examination.
- Pass a practical examination if possessing less than 3 years operating experience. (1 year for boom truck operators.)
A trainee qualification certificate is available for personnel who do not meet operator experience requirements.