Fill Out the Form For More Information or Register For the Program Below
One of our most popular programs. Enables companies to perform their own in-house OSHA & ASME crane inspections and provide the documentation to meet OSHA and ASME requirements and limit liability exposure.
Questions? Call for more details: 1-800-832-2726
Interested in having this program held at your facility? Click here for an On-Site Training Proposal.
- CIA Inspector Certification Card – $295
For later scheduled dates click here.
We have arranged for participants to receive discounted hotel rates. When making hotel reservations, please identify yourself as a Crane Institute of America training program attendee.
- Telescoping Boom Cranes
- Lattice Boom Cranes
- Boom Trucks
- Articulating Boom (Knuckle Boom) Cranes
- Industrial Cranes (Carry Decks)
- Types of mobile cranes, components & terminology
- Inspector’s role in reducing crane accidents & liability exposure
- Setting up a mobile crane inspection program
- OSHA & ASME inspection requirements
- The three levels of inspection
- Inspection procedures and techniques
- Recognizing and understanding the differences between deficiencies & safety hazards
- Correct way to write inspection reports that provide the proper documentation
- Inspecting structural components, sheaves, blocks, hooks, operating mechanisms, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems, hydraulic cylinders, wire rope, operational aids, and safety devices
- Emphasis is placed on the structural, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and safety/liability areas of inspection
- When to perform a non-destructive crack detection test
- Basic rigging procedures
- Performing load tests
LEARN HOW TO apply the following topics:
Inspector Certification Requirements
- Complete a Crane Institute of America Mobile Crane Inspector training program.
- Pass a written examination.
- Have a minimum of (3) years mobile crane experience, working in a capacity of operation, maintenance, repair, inspection, safety or supervision. (A trainee certification will be issued to applicants with less experience).
- Possess the physical ability to perform inspections on mobile cranes.