Classroom & Hands-on
An excellent program for beginners and experienced operators, particularly those taking CIC Accredited Operator Certification exams. It’s also a great opportunity for supervisors, safety personnel and others to experience what it feels like to operate a real crane. The hands-on portion covers the fundamentals of crane operation with emphasis on ‘how to control the load,’ pre-operational inspection, setup and safety devices.
Interested in having this program held at your facility? Click here for an On-Site Training Proposal.
For later scheduled dates click here.
We have arranged for participants to receive discounted hotel rates. When making hotel reservations, please identify yourself as a Crane Institute of America training program attendee.
- Precast Concrete Delivery Cranes
- Trolley Boom Cranes
- Boom Truck Cranes
- OSHA & ASME crane standards
- Causes & results of crane accidents
- Types, components & terminology of mobile cranes
- Interpreting load charts correctly
- Pre-operational inspection
- Crane setup and recognizing site hazards
- Safe operating practices and procedures
- Operator responsibilities
- Safety procedures for working cranes near power lines
- Hand and voice signals
- Hoisting personnel
- Basic rigging procedures
LEARN HOW TO apply the following topics:
Operator Qualification Requirements
- Complete a Crane Institute of America Precast Delivery Crane Operator training program
- Pass written exams
- Have a minimum of one year of experience as the designated operator of precast delivery cranes (A trainee qualification will be issued to applicants with less experience.)
- Meet ASME B30.5 physical qualifications