This is the ideal training program for inspectors of rigging equipment. The latest OSHA and ASME rigging equipment standards are thoroughly covered, inspection checklists are provided and students learn how to properly document the inspection. Inspector certification, which provides an additional credential, is also available for those that qualify.
Interested in having this program held at your facility? Click here for an On-Site Training Proposal.
- CIA Rigging Equipment Inspector Certification Card – $295
For later scheduled dates click here.
We have arranged for participants to receive discounted hotel rates. When making hotel reservations, please identify yourself as a Crane Institute of America training program attendee.
- Wire Rope
- Rigging Hardware
- Lifting Beams
- Chain Hoists
- Types of rigging equipment, components & terminology
- Inspector’s role in reducing accidents & liability exposure
- Setting up a rigging equipment inspection program
- OSHA & ASME rigging equipment inspection requirements
- The three levels of inspection
- Rigging equipment inspection procedures and techniques
- Recognizing and understanding the differences between deficiencies & safety hazards
- Correct way to write inspection reports that provide the proper documentation
- Inspecting structural components, sheaves, blocks, hooks, mechanisms, wire rope, load indicating devices, etc.
- When to perform a non-destructive crack detection test
- Performing load tests on rigging equipment, i.e., come-alongs, chain hoists, etc.
LEARN HOW TO Apply The Following Topics:
Inspector Certification Requirements
- Complete a Crane Institute of America Rigging Equipment Inspector training program.
- Pass a written examination.
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience working with rigging equipment. (A trainee certification is available for personnel who do not meet experience requirements.)
- Possess the physical ability to perform inspections on rigging equipment.