This is the ideal training program for inspectors of rigging equipment. The latest OSHA and ASME rigging equipment standards are thoroughly covered, inspection checklists are provided, and students learn how to properly document the inspection. Both classroom and hands-on training are included.
Inspector certification is available for those who qualify.
2 days | $595
CIA Inspector Certification $295
- Wire Rope
- Rigging Hardware
- Lifting Beams
- Chain Hoists
- Types of rigging equipment, components & terminology
- Inspector’s role in reducing accidents & liability exposure
- Setting up a rigging equipment inspection program
- OSHA & ASME rigging equipment inspection requirements
- The three levels of inspection
- Rigging equipment inspection procedures and techniques
- Recognizing and understanding the differences between deficiencies & safety hazards
- Correct way to write inspection reports to provide the proper documentation
- Inspecting structural components, sheaves, blocks, hooks, mechanisms, wire rope, load indicating devices, etc.
- When to perform a non-destructive crack detection test
- Performing load tests on rigging equipment, i.e. come-alongs, chain hoists, etc.
Requirements for Inspector Certification
- Complete the Crane Institute of America Rigging Equipment Inspector training program
- Possess the physical ability to perform inspections on rigging equipment
- Have a minimum of two years experience working with rigging equipment (A trainee certification is available for personnel who do not meet experience requirements)
- Pass a written examination
You will receive
- Rigging Handbook
- Rigging Equipment Inspector Workbook (includes applicable OSHA/ASME standards, annual inspection checklists, etc.)
- Wire Rope Inspection Card
- Rigger’s Capacity Card
- Inspection Certificate Decal
- Certificate of Training
|Orlando, FL||August 10-11, 2020|