If you have mobile crane operators that need to be trained, qualified or certified this is the train-the-trainer program for you. It follows our acclaimed handbooks Mobile Cranes and Rigging, and Workbook. You also get 1 FREE use of the complete program online which includes over 300 slides and videos ($500 value). The program you will learn to facilitate is easy to use and will make learning enjoyable for your students.
CIC accredited and OSHA recognized operator certification is also available while you are here. Click here for more information.
Trainers certified by Crane Institute of America can also purchase a license to use the same Mobile Crane Operator slideshow presentation used by Crane Institute Instructors! Click here for more information.
Interested in having this program held at your facility? Click here for an On-Site Training Proposal.
- CIA Trainer Certification Card – FREE
- CIA Operator Qualification Card – FREE
For later scheduled dates click here.
We have arranged for participants to receive discounted hotel rates. When making hotel reservations, please identify yourself as a Crane Institute of America training program attendee.
- Telescoping Boom Cranes
- Lattice Boom Cranes
- Boom Truck Cranes
- Industrial Cranes
- Articulating Boom Cranes
- Digger Derrick Cranes
- Service/Mechanic Truck Cranes
- OSHA & ASME crane standards
- Causes & results of crane accidents
- Types of mobile cranes, components & terminology
- Interpreting load charts correctly
- Pre-operational inspection
- Crane setup and recognizing site hazards
- Safe operating practices & procedures
- Operator responsibilities
- Pick & carry operations
- Safety procedures for boom and jib assembly & disassembly
- Safety procedures for working cranes near power lines
- Hand & voice signals
- Hoisting personnel
- Basic rigging procedures
LEARN HOW TO Apply The Following Topics:
STEP 1 – TECHNICAL CLASSROOM TRAINING
Classroom instruction in the technical aspects of mobile crane operation with emphasis on safety, load charts, setup and operating practices.
STEP 2 – CRANE SIMULATOR TRAINING
(Mobile crane training on our Vortex crane simulator is only conducted at our Orlando training facility.)
You can begin to apply the technical information learned in the classroom using our realistic Vortex crane simulator. Learn the principles of actual crane operation in a safe environment without the fear of having an accident. Hands-on training will be conducted intermittently throughout the program.
STEP 3 – HANDS-ON TRAINING
(Hands-on training is conducted at our Orlando training facility or On-site at your facility.)
After satisfactory completion of both classroom and simulation training, get behind the controls of an actual crane. Learn how to conduct a pre-operation inspection, set-up the crane and how to control the load.
Operator Qualification Requirements
- Complete a Crane Institute of America Mobile Crane Operator Train-the-Trainer training program.
- Pass written exams.
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience as the designated operator of mobile cranes, 1 year for boom trucks. (A trainee qualification will be issued to applicants with less experience).
- Meet ASME B30.5 physical qualifications.
- Complete a Crane Institute of America Mobile Crane Operator Train-the-Trainer training program
- Pass written examinations