Our Overhead Crane Operator is one of our most popular training programs. It covers everything that your operators need to know to safely operate the different types of overhead cranes. Since most overhead cranes are operated from the floor and their job includes rigging the load, we rely heavily on our acclaimed handbook Rigging. You will also get 1 FREE use of our complete program online which includes over 200 slides and videos ($400 value). This program is easy to facilitate and will make learning very enjoyable for your students.
Trainers certified by Crane Institute of America can also purchase a license to use the same Overhead Crane Operator slideshow presentation used by Crane Institute Instructors! Click here for more information.
Interested in having this program held at your facility? Click here for an On-Site Training Proposal.
- CIA Operator Certification Card – FREE
- CIA Trainer Certification Card – FREE
For later scheduled dates click here.
We have arranged for participants to receive discounted hotel rates. When making hotel reservations, please identify yourself as a Crane Institute of America training program attendee.
- Cab/Pulpit Operated
- Pendant Operated
- Remote Control Operated
- Types, components and terminology
- Causes and results of overhead crane accidents
- Inspector’s role in reducing crane accidents and liability
- OSHA and ASME pre-operational inspection requirements
- The three levels of inspection
- Inspection procedures and techniques
- Recognizing and understanding the differences between deficiencies and safety hazards
- Correct way to write pre-operational inspection reports that provide the proper documentation
- Items to be inspected before the crane is used
- Safe operating practices and procedures
- Hand and voice signals
- Hoisting personnel
- Basic rigging procedures
LEARN HOW TO Apply The Following Topics:
Operator Certification Requirements
- Complete a Crane Institute of America Overhead Crane Operator, Rigging and Signaling Train-the-Trainer training program.
- Pass a written examination.
- Have a minimum of 1 year operating experience as the designated operator of overhead and/or gantry cranes. (A trainee certification is available for personnel who do not meet experience requirements.)
- Possess the physical ability to safely operate overhead cranes
- Complete a Crane Institute of America Overhead Crane Operator, Rigging and Signaling Train-the-Trainer training program
- Pass written examinations