Trying to decide on how you are going to meet OSHA’s requirement to qualify your riggers and signalpersons? We have the answer – Our Qualified Rigger/Signalperson, Train-the-Trainer program with hands-on. This program follows our acclaimed Rigging handbook and workbook. You will also receive 1 FREE use of our complete training program online which includes over 200 slides and videos ($400 value). This program is easy to facilitate and will make learning very enjoyable for your students.
CIC accredited and OSHA recognized rigger/signalperson certification also available while you are here. Click here for more information
Trainers certified by Crane Institute of America can also purchase a license to use the same Rigger/Signalperson slideshow presentation used by Crane Institute Instructors! Click here for more information.
Limited Time Offer: Receive the handbook, Rigging Metric, when you attend this program.
Interested in having this program held at your facility? Click here for an On-Site Training Proposal.
- CIA Trainer Certification Card – FREE
- CIA Rigger/Signalperson Qualification Card – FREE
For later scheduled dates click here.
We have arranged for participants to receive discounted hotel rates. When making hotel reservations, please identify yourself as a Crane Institute of America training program attendee.
- Wire Rope
- Rigging Hardware
- Chain Hoists
- Lever Hoists
- Emphasis is placed on the safe use of wire rope, slings, rigging hardware and chain & lever hoists
- OSHA & ASME standards
- Pre-use inspection of wire rope, slings, rigging hardware and chain & lever hoists
- Proper use of taglines
- Rigging practices & procedures
- Knots used in rigging
- Hoisting personnel
- Hand & voice signals
- Basics of crane operation and limitations and more
LEARN HOW TO Apply The Following Topics:
- Complete a Crane Institute of America Rigger/Signalperson Train-the-Trainer training program
- Pass written examinations
Rigger Qualification Requirements
- Complete a Crane Institute of America Qualified Rigger/Signalperson training program
- Pass a written examination
- Pass a practical examination on signaling
- Have a minimum of 2 years rigging experience. (A trainee qualification is available for personnel who do not meet experience requirement.)
- Possess the physical ability to safely perform rigging tasks.